Hello, for CAT communication. The days of Telegram for the first time publicly announced his involvement in the development of the blockchain by running a competition for the development of smart contracts, and yesterday the alpha version of messenger was added minimalistic wallet for cryptocurrency GRAM. All this causes a growing interest in Telegram Open Network as a whole, so today we decided to tell you more about the new project of the brothers Durov from the point of view of the validator.
The beginnings of our work with a TON appeared in December 2017, when the network has published a paper describing the global blockchain project, it became food for thought over the next months, in 2018, they brought us to the Minter project, which in concept was similar to the TON, we decided to use this as an advantage.
By the way, blackany Minter and Telegram Open Network are in development about the same amount of time from the beginning of 2017. Immediately after the launch in may of this year, we launched its first masternode in Minter Network. She helped us identify weaknesses in our infrastructure, learn to avoid common mistakes and generally gave invaluable experience, which we subsequently used in other networks.
How does the network test TON today
Back to TON. At the moment we have several working fullnot [same as masternode network Minter — approx. edition] in public test network Telegram Open Network to get to the desired periods of valderoure. Perhaps it is worth to dwell on this point, because the electoral system in the blockchain TON deserves special attention.
The test network bloccano validators are selected based on the available balance for a period of 4000 seconds (~1 hour). For 2000 seconds (~30 minutes) before the end of the period of valderoure start a new election, they end up for 500 seconds (~8 minutes) before the end of the first period, then begins the second period — thanks to this system it get the new validators. Tools validators of the first period return in an additional 1000 seconds (~15 minutes) along with a reward.
In the core network of the planned 100 slots for validators in each period, this will allow you to participate in the process of valderoure a large number of independent teams and a well-designed voting system will eliminate the centralization of power in the hands of «whales».
At this point in the test network operates more than 100 validators, wherein the blocks are generated fast enough (5 seconds) transactions are executed correctly and everything works fine. Even during the test loads and in spite of the early version, the network is kept surprisingly stable.
However, to get the list of validators is a difficult task, it needs not less than 100 thousand GRAM test, which now can be obtained only through a special smart contract. But apparently, it is designed to receive small amounts of money, and in order to extract from him more than 100 thousand coins, we had to automate the process and to show some ingenuity. Now this is not possible at all, coins on the address «giver» left, but periodically it replenish minor amounts.
The benefits of TON
Also I want to tell you more about the important benefits TON, which is rarely mentioned in articles about the project.
1. TON has outstanding inner structure, it has several roles: validator, fisherman and collator. Let us consider each of them in detail:
Validators engaged in the creation and confirmation of new units. In fact, any node can become a validator. Validators receive an award for his work and fined for attempted cheating, a simple long also is subject to fines and exclusion from the list of validators. This prompts validators serious about his work.
Fisherman (Fisherman) supervising the work of the validators. This is a node that can request a review unit and, if a majority of validators confirm the invalid block, the signatory validator will be punished. For this fisherman receives a portion of the amount was fined validator.
Collator (Collator) — another participant in the formation of new units. This node, which can form units and send them to the validator, thus facilitating its work, — it remains only to check the unit. For this validator may award collator part of the consideration received.
2. Sharding and the concept of a blockchain of blockchains. Sharding is one of the most difficult to implement and incredibly useful features of Telegram Open Network. That it is, can be read here. In General, TON is more likely to be something more than just a blockchain, rather it will become a kind of platform for blockchains. Pavel Durov is a visionary and a man building global projects for the future. This is evidenced by even the name of the network which in the future plan to replace The Open Network.
3. The vertical building blocks. The block containing the error, with high probability it can be a death sentence for the blockchain. In this case, often decide to make a fork in order to undo and correct the error. We’ve all seen it happen on the blockchain Ethereum a few years ago. Obviously, this is not the most elegant approach. In TON’s solution to this problem is different — after the discovery of «wrong» unit formed by his «correct» version, which is added «on top» of it. Then for each block, which refers to the fixed, formed a fixed version, later corrected blocks referencing the fixed blocks, and so on. This approach allows us to fix any problems «on the fly» without having to fork and stopping the operation of the blockchain.
4. Hypercube routing system that allows you to build an optimal and reliable network of exchange between sarachane. This algorithm guarantees delivery of data across the network to the TON regardless of the number of existing shardanov. At 250 hardcano only need 1 intermediate to convey a message from one shard to another. At 4000 — up to 2. With 4 intermediate nodes blockchain TON can support up to 1 million shardanov, allowing you to scale it almost indefinitely.
5. TON one of the first large blockchains, combining smart contracts and the currently best algorithm of consensus — Proof of Stake. This shows the great potential of the project as the «universal» of the blockchain, which contains all necessary functions to develop, coupled with high network reliability.
6. Also worth noting is the continuous work of the developers to update the documentation on the official website test.ton.org the high activity of developers on the GitHub page.
7. How Telegram Open Network plans to introduce new services to your ecosystem, deserves a separate paragraph in this list. TON will allow users to run a fully self-contained services based on smart contracts within the blockchain (DApps), and their implementation will not cost absolutely not a penny, thanks to the protocols ADNL and RLDP. This will allow the app to run inside the blockchain itself almost without using the block chain. One of these services can be directly Telegram Messenger was already noted in the technical WP.
The community also begins to actively join the process of development, already done:
– API for Python;
– API for Rust;
Tools Node SE;
– Dockerfile for FullNode.
Sure, we stand on the threshold of something big that will greatly change the Internet and with that our future.
Join our channel — @CATnodeRU Telegram and channel for developers with updates to the blockchain and documentation — @catchain.